Completed on 29 Sep 2016 by Peter Li.
Login to endorse this review.
Reviewer #1 reported problems with using the Clusterflock tool due to the complexity with installing the software and its dependencies. In response, the authors of Clusterflock have provided a Docker container which ships all of the code and associated software libraries in a standalone package ready for use.
I have tested the clusterflock-0.1 Docker container and can report that I have successfully executed the clusterflock.pl and clusterflock_simulations.pl scripts to completion using the instructions available from https://github.com/narechan/clusterflock/blob/master/MANUAL. This involved:
1. Deploying an Ubuntu-14.04 EC2 virtual server as a t2.medium instance on the AWS cloud and installing the Docker software on it.
2. Downloading the narechan/clusterflock-0.1 Docker image from DockerHub onto the virtual server.
3. The Clusterflock scripts can then be executed by running the clusterflock-0.1 Docker container with this command on the host server:
$ docker run -v /mount/path/on/host:/home/test -it narechan/clusterflock-0.1
The following two commands can then be executed using clusterflock-0.1 Docker image:
$ clusterflock.pl -i test_data/4/fastas/ -c config.boids.simulations -l test_data/4/4.lds -s all -b 1 -d -x -o /home/test/4_out
$ clusterflock_simulations.pl -c config.boids.simulations -r 10 -p 10 -o /home/test/4_sim/ -i test_data/4/fastas/ -l test_data/4/4.lds -j /home/clusterflock/dependencies/elki-bundle- 0.6.5~20141030.jar -k 4 -f 500 > /home/test/4_sim.avg_jaccard
Both of the above commands generated outputs as described in https://github.com/narechan/clusterflock/blob/master/MANUAL.
Level of interest
Please indicate how interesting you found the manuscript:
An article whose findings are important to those with closely related research interests
Quality of written English
Please indicate the quality of language in the manuscript:
Declaration of competing interests
Please complete a declaration of competing interests, considering the following questions:
1. Have you in the past five years received reimbursements, fees, funding, or salary from an
organisation that may in any way gain or lose financially from the publication of this
manuscript, either now or in the future?
2. Do you hold any stocks or shares in an organisation that may in any way gain or lose
financially from the publication of this manuscript, either now or in the future?
3. Do you hold or are you currently applying for any patents relating to the content of the
4. Have you received reimbursements, fees, funding, or salary from an organization that
holds or has applied for patents relating to the content of the manuscript?
5. Do you have any other financial competing interests?
6. Do you have any non-financial competing interests in relation to this paper?
If you can answer no to all of the above, write 'I declare that I have no competing interests'
below. If your reply is yes to any, please give details below.
I declare that I have no competing interests.
I agree to the open peer review policy of the journal. I understand that my name will be included
on my report to the authors and, if the manuscript is accepted for publication, my named report
including any attachments I upload will be posted on the website along with the authors'
responses. I agree for my report to be made available under an Open Access Creative Commons
CC-BY license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/). I understand that any comments
which I do not wish to be included in my named report can be included as confidential comments
to the editors, which will not be published.
I agree to the open peer review policy of the journal.